Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.7.2 Update

Discussion in 'News' started by Eliot, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

Hi,
    Until bukkit/spigot are updated to 1.7.2 the following arrangements will take place.
    Towny will continue on 1.6.3 on the ip:
    play.octopia.net:25566

A temporary server on 1.7.2 for you to play on will be on:
    play.octopia.net

Thanks
  2. hadyncole

hadyncole Member

maxholmes speaking the 2nd adress for c=octopia does not work
  3. Joe Geiger

Joe Geiger New Member

4. Stakkerst

Stakkerst Active Member

does this mean map reset?
  5. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

I very sincerely hope not. We didn't even get to start building Bastion, barely got done with the digging required.
  6. Puffin

Puffin Touchy-Feely Magic Man

im almost certain there wont be a world reset.. as of typing this there is currently two running servers
    play.octopia.net:25566 - is the 1.6.4 towny world we all know.
    play.octopia.net - is currently the 1.7.2 world (its chaos over here, but still a laugh)
    if there is a world reset, i doubt many people will return so i'm guessing the current world might be extended to include the new biomes and whatnot
  7. Eliot

I am most likely going to have a very basic 1.7.2 server with some plugins if people wish to play on that, so new world features and stuff are available.
    But I don't think a map reset will happen on towny.
    Also I am thinking of getting rid of the games servers. And just have the Towny sever. Then possibly some gamemod servers such as tekkit or ftb. And then possibly a tf2 or garrys mod server.
  8. Eliot

Oh and on another note. My current computer is in for repairs until next friday, which has a lot of the configs on it. But on good side, I am off on holiday from today until next thursday, so my computer will arrive for my return, ready for some lovely updates! I should be able to update the towny to 1.7.2 as soon as bukkit is out.
  9. P3NGUIINS

P3NGUIINS Member

Have fun on your holiday
  10. Eliot

Thanks, if you could report any issues to Douglas (slugdug) on my absence he will be able to pass on anything very urgent to me.
  11. Myrmidous

It would be very nice if you could drop a note to Aurelius and SlugDog requesting the spawn shops be fixed, sir. We're going to need an obscene amount of obsidian soon.
  12. aureliusnoble

aureliusnoble Member

I was on holiday, but I'm back now and shall look into the matter.
  13. Myrmidous

Very much appreciated.
  14. Eliot

I have noticed that spigot have released an unofficial non-supported 1.7 build. I won´t use it at this point since it has not been fully tested. But it does mean at least a beta build from bukkit will be out soon.
    KikiPockyChan likes this.