Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest Protection and Updates

Discussion in 'News' started by Eliot, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

Hi Everyone,

I am back from my holiday and on the server again.

Today all plugins have been updated and are on the latest stable builds.

The spawn is currently in the process of being remodelled slightly, to improve the layout and make it easier to navigate for new players.

It has been requested a lot, so I have decided to add Lockette to the server, for chest locking purposes. Please change your chests from being locked with a ChestShop sign, to being locked via a Lockette sign. Simply right click a chest with a sign, to lock it.

During some maintenance earlier, a bug was found with Towny and the economy plugin, resulting in some towns balances being reset to $100. This is an infuriating bug, which I am not able to roll back. Upkeep has been turned off until all towns are reimbursed.

Please can the town MAYOR email me at eliot@octopia.net stating the amount they had before. Please do not lie, as this can be checked (with great difficulty) if needed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As always, if you have any questions please ask!
  2. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

Do normal chest shops work? Because we have over fifty "free item" shops in Bastion Sewers and that would be ... a problem if shops no longer function sir.

I've messaged you regarding Bastion's bank balance. Thank you.
  3. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

Normal shops work as usual. We have implemented the Lockette plugin to allow players and new players alike to quickly and easily protect their chests.

When I change the ranks round a bit, creating a shop will become something only higher rank users can do. But all existing shops would remain functioning, and as your are a staff member you would have the perks anyway.