Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clubs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by apricotluma, Feb 18, 2015.

1. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

marty_barty suggested that the groups explorer, fighter, and builder should each have a club. Unfortunately, he posted it in the wrong section. My idea is that explorers should have a sort of Explorercon, where explorers compare and trade maps, and talk about their travels. marty thought about fighters having a sort of Viking hall. All clubs could become an unlockable warp when a player first chooses the group. Any ideas, anyone?
    Kin182 and Bizzy like this.
  2. lucasvh12

lucasvh12 New Member

Sounds as a good idea, but it should be at least no-PvP area (you already probably knew this, but you didn't say it, so I do). And if this is made, I would advise the Fighter club to be made of wooden logs/planks to give it a bit rough look, and it should have average height/size. The Builder club should be really high, to express that they make big structures. And the Explorer club should be really large in length, but a not so big height. And it should contain a typical brick/building block of every biome there is (if possible).
    I surely think it is a great idea.
    Kin182 and Maddog5703 like this.
  3. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I'm also thinking that there needs to be leaders for each club, people who can make sure people are following the rules. I could be the leader of the explorer club, marty could be the leader of the fighter club, and we need a leader for the builder club.
    Kin182, Maddog5703 and Granducks like this.
  4. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Alright, it's been decided that csgs would be leader of the builders, if he accepts the offer.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Bizzy likes this.
  5. Bizzy

Bizzy New Member

6. Bizzy

Bizzy New Member

Hey The Explorer Club Could Be Called, "Dora The Explorer". :D
  7. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

Fighter club would be a PvP arena, they could all /warp fighter and go kill each other.

Explorer club could be a giant world map set in the floor, 1 block = 1 biome.

Builder club would have example tricks and techniques for interesting things, like the "pool table" in the Gentlemen's Club.
  8. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I just realized that cs is explorer. we're taking any requests or nominations for builder leader.
  9. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I like where you're going with this, but the explorer club needs to be a tad more interesting than walking on a map on the floor. Maybe actual buildings for all three clubs? I think the fighter building could be like a viking hall, with the long table and such. I am still not sure about the other two, but I would prefer it if they were both buildings, like with fighter.
    Bizzy likes this.
  10. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Maybe the explorer building could be a giant, circular building with 4 smaller nodes coming out of it. The giant part would be the plaza, and the nodes would be different rooms or areas.
  11. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

This is starting to sound like a Bastion-level project. Are you doing this, Apricot? Also Durp would like to talk to you about buying a "Stal" music disc for a crazy high price.
  12. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

First of all, I only mean it to be places where each group can hang out with one another. This would be another feature of the server, that is all. I do not know if it would be bastion-sized, as you put it, but it would be a great place for people to hang out with each other without any threat of one person killing another. I cannot build these buildings alone, so I will need someone with access to creative, and I will probably need eliots help with the non-pvp stuff and including the warp automatically when you choose your group, but I'm hoping for full support on this project. Second, please tell durp my prices are always $50 per disc, not a dollar more.
  13. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I am also ready to pitch the idea to him at anytime, if you so wish.
  14. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Now that I think about it, the fighter building should be a pvp area (for obvious reasons), but all three buildings should have the keepInventory gamerule on. That way, no one will worry about losing their stuff. Also, commands should be disabled until you go outside the club, like pvp, so no one worries about their stuff being stolen and that person getting away with it, such as if someone is showing off their map and someone takes it. He can't teleport away if commands are disabled in the building, and that gives the guards (oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there should be guards on the outside so they can stop thieves and intruders) plenty of time to stop them. Guards will be posted outside each building to prevent any thefts that may occur, and to allow the correct group member inside and kick out any incorrect ones. These guards should comprise of volunteering group members, but just as a precaution, all three leaders will have a view of the entrance and a one-way access to it, so they can function as a secondary defense.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  15. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Speaking of which, all 3 leaders will have a small room that should be behind a glass part of the entrance wall, with the room only being accessible by the leader. Also, just as a suggestion, maybe there should be an override lever to open the metal entrance doors in the room, to allow the two other leaders in so they can meet.
  16. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Sorry if it sounds like I'm overthinking this. I just really want this to happen.
  17. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Maybe there should be a team chat system in place inside the buildings, so the group members only talk to one another inside the clubs.
  18. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

The explorer building could have a wall of item frames for people to add their complete maps if they want. This could result in a complete map of Octopia and would be a great activity to those who are bored.
    Maddog5703 likes this.
  19. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Also, we still need a builder leader. If anyone has any nominations, please reply to this message. We are also taking any suggestions and questions.
    Maddog5703 likes this.
  20. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Builders could have a flat land area where they could build whatever they wanted, and the fighter area could be a Viking hall, with a small area for PVP battles off to the side.