Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clubs?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by apricotluma, Feb 18, 2015.

1. thomas9078

thomas9078 Server Staff Server Staff

I will direct and Owner to this page. But you can see that we can not just hand out admin permissions to anybody that asked.
  2. thomas9078

I think that this is something that you will have to work alongside us on. Not just do it all yourself. This is going to be an interesting project. One that I feel will need the help of a few people to bring together.
  3. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

That's one of the reasons I created the new thread, so people can have a hand on it's creation.
  4. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Of course. Otherwise, the server would be in complete chaos XD luckily, I'm one of the more responsible people on the server. Anything I would do as temp admin would only be towards working on the clubs. No banning, raiding, etc. Just building.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  5. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I had an idea. The 3 clubs could have a walkway leading up to each, and those 3 walkways would connect to some sort of structure, like a fountain or something, in the middle. All three would be like the ar ocean temples: you can't build or place blocks, but it appears you are in the wilderness. This, of course, does not apply to builders, who will be allowed to express their creativity any way they like, as long as it's appropriate. Also, explorers can toss maps into a hopper that I can take out of and place on a wall. This is so we can try to get a full map of octopia, which would be a great project for bored explorers. And the special thing for fighters? Mead! Sort of. They stand on a pressure plate, which would give them a bottle of nausea named mead by using a command block. Not only would this fit the barbarian hall theme, but it would also allow fighters to also celebrate like barbarians. I think these special attributes will allow those who are bored to have something to do, and will increase visitor longevity. I promise, if I am made admin for 1.9 octopia so I can build the clubs, I won't let you guys down!
  6. Nikko

Nikko Member

A whole map of octopia? Thats one heck of a project. Even with fly, the amount of time and materials of making an octopia map would be incredibly high. I actually wouldn't mind doing it if some of the other E10 explorers want to get together and start. But also, we have to consider 1.9. Its confirmed there will be a reset, so is it worth putting so many hours into, when it will possibly be reset within the next two months?
  7. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

It's obvious you haven't read any of the rest of the thread. The clubs will begin construction after both the update, and I become a temporary admin, just until the clubs are finished of course. Also, materials? Explorers get free maps from their kits, so I don't see how it would cost a lot of materials to make a map.
  8. Nikko

Nikko Member

True, we have kits, but thats one map for every half hour. A compass takes iron and redstone, along with paper. To make that many maps would actually cost a decent amount of materials and considering it will be a new world, where no one is as rich as Gary, it won't be easy. Again, I'm down with it, I don't mind spending the time and energy doing this project, but it won't be easy. I am wondering if we will all keep our ranks, because E10 wasn't easy and fly would be invaluable in this project. And no, I didn't read the rest of the thread because I'm too lazy. Thomas did say he would direct slug here, to take a look at "temporary adminship". Though that does not look promising, as staff can do that all for you, even though both of you may not be on at the same time very often. Im not saying you're not trustworthy, but making you a temp admin for the duration of this project seems unnecessary. Are you willing to start even if you don't get adminship?
  9. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

First, it would pretty much be a side project for bored explorers. If they want to tryhard it and try to make as many complete maps as possible, that's their deal. Second, it would get done faster if I would have temp adminship, since it would require an admin to be online in order to build it otherwise. Besides, it would only last until the clubs are completely finished, and I wouldn't do anything but build the clubs. If I did otherwise, such as exploit it for my own gain or troll people, I would get banned, which isn't something I would want. Again, I promise I won't do anything to octopia, such as raid or build anything that's not club related, until I'm not admin anymore after I'm finished. Trust me, nothing bad will happen, and octopia will actually be better once I'm done. Hopefully.
  10. thomas9078

Okay. So. @Nikko. One compass takes 4 iron ($4 at /warp shop) and one piece of redstone (rounded up is worth something like 0.06 if I can do my maths correctly :p)

As to the "tempory admin" part @apricotluma. To be honest, I am kinda against the idea. I also find it demeaning to us Staff.
    I think that having it as a /warp would be a good and the best way to do it. So what we can do is make a new world for you, and perhaps other people that would like to help, and you can /sethome to it. There we can change the world gamemode to gamemode 1, which is creative, so you can do everything you want to. Not that you would abuse game modes if you had it all through the world. I just don't like the idea of anybody flying around the world with creative, no offence, I know you are a trusted member, I just like to make everything smooth. And if gamemodeinventory's is working. You will not be able to creative in anything for you to bring back onto the actual map, again; not that you would. I think that would just be the best way to sort everything out permission wise.

That was just my opinion. I am sure that an owner will reply on this thread sooner or later. But they are all very busy at the moment with University. If you do have a problem just as always ask your local staff member :D. Also @Myrmidous should be coming back around this month or early the next. I am sure that he will have a good way and an opinion on all of this.
  11. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

I don't know what you mean by creating a new world for me, but all I want to do is to create the three clubs using creative mode for the resources, and admin commands for resources not available in creative mode. Having these two abilities would allow me to create the clubs to their full potential. Plus, it would be quicker than waiting until an admin is online at the same time I am. Creating the clubs like you want me to, using resources I dig up and asking an admin for materials and to use commands I don't have access to, would take months, possibly years! With the commands, it would only take weeks, possibly a month or two. Also, my admin permissions would only last until the clubs are complete. I know you just want everything to run smoothly, and it will. Once construction begins, you won't hear a peep from me, nor about me. Plus, I won't be flying around the world, I would be in one area, building the new addition to octopia. And building the clubs with only blocks obtained in regular survival would be an insult to the very potential of what they could become. Trust me, if I become a temp admin to work on the clubs, you and the rest of octopia has nothing to worry about.
  12. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Besides, if I did do anything, I'm pretty sure ras would kill me, along with the ban XD
  13. thomas9078

You must not be understanding me. Let me elaberate.
    I am talking about creating a different world and setting waprs later for the different ranks, we can set them so only that rank can warp there. If you dont understand what a different world means, let me give you an example. The End is a different world from the Overworld. Spawn is a different world/map from the overworld. By creating them on a different world. You can infinatly expand what you want to build. We can just set that worlds permissions so you will have, what you call, admin permissions.
  14. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

@thomas9078 has directed me to this thread. There are loads of posts it seems on this topic - @apricotluma would you mind summarising what you are requesting in a paragraph or two so I can understand. Just want to note however, that "admin permissions" won't be being handed out to anyone.
    thomas9078 and Nikko like this.
  15. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

What I am requesting is, after octopia updates to 1.9, access to unlimited resources and commands so I can build the clubs to their maximum potential. The commands are so I can have access to certain blocks and items that aren't found in creative mode, and so I can set up the warps and the parameters that make it so the blocks couldn't be destroyed. If one of the current admins want to set up the warps and parameters instead, that's fine. I also need to be able to edit command blocks so I can add things like fighters getting a potion of nausea ( which would have the label "mead") when they press a button.

I only asked for admin permissions for building the clubs because I thought that's how I could use commands and creative mode. This is all so I can create the clubs quickly and efficiently. The reason this couldn't be handled by admins such as yourself is because you don't know the blueprints. If I were to work with an admin so I could build the clubs, it would be too much of a hassle to have our schedules line up, and it would take way too much time. I'm not saying I have to be an admin in order to build the clubs, but if there's another way to meet the requirements necessary to build them, I would like to hear it.
  16. apricotluma

apricotluma Member

Thank you for elaborating, but they are called dimensions, not worlds.
    Also, I can't. The nether would be too much of a hazard to players, and as much as I would like to put them in the end, players would most likely kill my brethren. So the overworld is the only option. A map where I am all powerful and can create the clubs does sound tempting though XD but I'm pretty sure the spawn exists on the overworld, and not a different map.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  17. thomas9078

The spawn is a different map. You can tell this by two main factors. One. You see the Minecraft loading (dirt block) screen while when you step through the wilderness portal or do /t spawn ect.. Two. As an Explorer 10 player yourself @apricotluma I am sure that you have gotten bored and just flown around Spawn, and you suddenly bump into that worlds border. The actual over world and wilderness has a mahoosive world border. Were as the spawn world border is only about 3+ chunks bigger than the actual spawn building itself.
    And also. The current over world map has been going for nearly a year now. Don't you think that if somebody happened to have stumbled apon spawn from the over world, somebody would have found it by now?
  18. Nikko

Nikko Member

This whole thread is just hilarious. Apricot, please, just listen to Thomas. They are different worlds, maps, on one server. To cross over to other worlds, you use warps. Such as the wild warp at spawn. It then sends you to the map/world that bastion and all the other towns are in. Spawn itself is a different world, as such, you could make a new world just for the clubs. But being creative is one thing, having commands is another. Command blocks can be set up via staff, as you don't need very many set up anyways, so it will not "...Take months, or even years." Thats completely ridiculous. I don't mean to act like staff, much less an owner, but this is a waste of time if you don't understand what you're doing. Especially since Thomas has explained it several times now. And there are other means of accomplishing this task without "Admin powers". Staff, or an owner, can simply set of the world borders, and spawn in command blocks, while you are on creative. That simple. They can set up the command blocks very fast, because the commands are so simple. Then you can build to your hearts content while they are offline. Keep in mind, this project has not officially been given a green light. So this is all very much "up in the air" at this point. I also thought you were going to let the builders build the clubs, so as to have variety and let the builders do what they do best. Having this all done by yourself is not... Efficient. Or fun. You should let more people take part, should this actually be done. Personally, I don't see this happening. This whole idea, at all. Just because of the work needed to be done, and the staff/owners involvement would be tremendous. Maybe when myrm gets back, he might be willing to do all of it for you. Help building, commands, etc. Im sure he's very knowledgeable on this topic. Not to mention we have some very talented B10s in our midst, who could do an amazing job I'm sure.
    Fluxxie likes this.
  19. Gore-Juss

Gore-Juss Server Staff Server Staff

What materials couldyou possibly need that aren't in creative, other than command block? (Which isn't going to happen). I highly doubt you'll get admin commands, so you will just have to find a way without it.
  20. Gore-Juss

Gore-Juss Server Staff Server Staff

Local chat. /l