Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jack55123, Feb 22, 2014.

?

What kind of maze should I make?

1. Glass maze

11.1%
  2. Maze w/o dead ends (yes that is possible)

22.2%
  3. Multiple floors

44.4%
  4. ladder maze

44.4%
  5. Don't make one, mazes frustrate me!

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jack55123

Jack55123 Member

I am a big fan of mazes, and I recently made one on a different server (charly tested it for me, because I knew the path). Aside from our current server maze I would like to make a second maze. Vote on which kind of maze I should make. ;)
  2. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

Next time allow multiple selections, Jack. All of these sound good!
  3. Jack55123

Jack55123 Member

fine but only one would be made
  4. Myrmwife

Myrmwife Server Staff Server Staff

Myrm is in the process of making one. . . you should trying going through it sometime. . .or as he calls him Bastion Sewer system. . . but again you should try and get through it before you consider making one. . . . Myrm is really good at what he does.
  5. Myrmidous

Oh now multiple selections are allowed. Figures! Bastion sewers isn't exactly a 100% maze-- we designed it to have a lot of rooms to stumble upon and features to see. While the goal of a normal maze it to get to the end we kind of wanted the Sewers to just be something to explore and get rewarded. Probably not going to turn out that well, though.
  6. ColdMinerX

ColdMinerX Active Member

It looks good so far Myrm, but seems like an interesting idea. Is it where you would go throughout a maze and the rooms you stumble upon would give you rewards?
  7. Myrmidous

You got it. Building puzzles right now to open different sections of the sewers, I think you may have already tested one? Also randomly going through and creating some themed rooms just to make things interesting.
  8. Jack55123

Jack55123 Member

Maybe I should have closed the poll in x amount of days because right now it's a tie between a maze with multiple floors, and a ladder maze
  9. BrianK5

BrianK5 New Member

I fixed that tie :D
  10. Jack55123

Jack55123 Member

Poll closed. The maze shall be. . . *scrolls up to look* a ladder maze I shall make a prototype before I build so I can judge about how well it will work out
  11. ColdMinerX

ColdMinerX Active Member

Did nobody want a glass maze? Really? Those are the best.
    I think it would be cool to combine most of these ideas: A multiple floor ladder maze made of glass.
    Bam.
  12. Jack55123

Jack55123 Member

why would you combine glass and ladders?
  13. ColdMinerX

ColdMinerX Active Member

Multiple ladder sections that lead to the second floor is extra confusion; plus, just because they know the location of the ladder doesnt mean they can get to it. But I see your point.
  14. Myrmidous

I would put ladders going up (or down) that were completely unreachable. Place a treasure chest beside it also, just to really mess with people.
    ColdMinerX likes this.
  15. Silvershot586

Silvershot586 Member

What if you make a completely original maze? You know, something no one has seen before? You could have like sections where the walls change like obsidian to bedrock to black wool to coal block. Each section has a room you need to find and you need to press all the buttons in each room and it will open he exit. Then you have to find the exit. One you get there, PP will be stepped on and they will discontinue the redstone signal openin the door. That way people have to reset if they finish.
  16. Myrmidous

This is actually the approach we're taking with the Bastion Sewer project. All of the puzzles to get in require some level of thought to open doors, then afterwards are reset by the explorer. Each puzzle opens up a whole section of the Sewers to wander around in, solving all of the puzzles opens the treasure rooms. When all treasures are collected the entire project resets.

If someone else is doing a build like this I'd recommend not starting at layer 5. Getting the redstone in/through the bedrock and keeping it hidden is a complete beast. >_<