Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Octopia Closing Down

Discussion in 'News' started by Eliot, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

Dear Players,

You may have noticed recently that myself and the other Owners have not been on the server, we have all started studying full-time for degrees at university. We can no longer give the time we once could to Octopia.

From January 10th at 7pm GMT, Octopia will be powered down for the last time. It is with a heavy heart that I announce this, but for us as Owners, there isn't another way we can continue running the server. We have enjoyed every moment of running Octopia for the almost 4 years it has been online. We have made friends and will leave with great memories, and hope that you will as well. We want to close Octopia down on our own terms, instead of being forced to by financial reasons further down the road.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the Staff members we have had since Octopia started. Without them, Octopia simply wouldn't be able to function. I also want to thank the countless players who have donated to the server - without you we wouldn't have been able to keep Octopia going for as long as we have.

I invite all players to join myself, the staff and the other Owners on Octopia from 6:30pm GMT on January 10th. We will be on the Teamspeak server and hope you can join us one last time to play on the server.

After the server is closed down, a copy of the map will be uploaded onto the website. Please make sure that you note down the co-ordinates of any of the towns, houses or other structures you may wish to visit as the world is large and would be difficult to find without knowing their locations. I will try my best to keep this website up for at least 6 months so you are able to access resources on here.

I hope you can all understand our reasoning for closing Octopia and hope, like us, you can look back on your time playing on Octopia with great fondness.

With best wishes,

Eliot

Senior Owner of Octopia

----

Note: Most forum sections have now been locked, meaning that no new posts can be put on there, but all previous ones can be accessed.

There will be a new forum opened titled "Memories" where you are free to share stories, videos or photos of your time on Octopia. We hope you will all join in sharing your memories of your time here.