Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The History Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by littlepetfrog2, Jun 19, 2015.

1. littlepetfrog2

littlepetfrog2 New Member

On octopia I've played for years. I thought we could have a way to see the old server maps and ext. I would love to see all the towns once again. From the first day me and chosen met to the currect base we have. I've seen alot on the server. But I'd crave to see this. Sry about my grammar
    LPF2/(0)
  2. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

I think you're asking if we provide downloads of old maps? Something like that?
  3. littlepetfrog2

littlepetfrog2 New Member

Yea basicly
  4. csgs

csgs Member

How about just doing a realms thing where we can go to the other maps but not have perms for anything? Make it more of an explore world maybe pvp too.
    Maddog5703 likes this.
  5. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

Hey Csgs, good to see you.

I'll look into hosting a download with the capacity for large maps, Frog. All of our maps are over 35GB in size, I'm not sure if you were aware of how large they are. They're not generated on the spot as players roam into unloaded chunks--the entire map is premade ahead of time to eliminate loading lag. Since a single chunk is an average of 16,384 bocks and our maps are a radius of 612...

Well let's just say the number of blocks in that save file has to be expressed in scientific notation. 3.19x10^9.

Csgs that's an interesting idea. Would people be interested in "viewing" a world they can't change or build/destroy on? Sounds boring. Like an adventure map without a point?