Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'News' started by Eliot, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

It is with great delight that I announce the two year anniversary of Octopia. Two years ago on this day myself and the other Owners founded Octopia. We started off as a tiny basic Vanilla server and over the last two years, have grown into the community and server we have today.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for everything they have done for the server. Without the help of donators, staff and active members, the server would not be what it is today. I would like to especially thank any player who has donated. Donating has allowed us to stay up and afford upgrades, without them the server would simply not be up.

This weekend we will be hosting some events, these have not yet been decided completely, and more information will be posted nearer the time. I will also be launching a sale on all donator ranks. I hope to squeeze in time to do some videos or even a livestream, like we did for last year, as well.

^Maybe the weekend after :3

I hope to be making this announcement again next year for the three year anniversary, so with your continued help and support I am sure that will be possible! :)
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. Silvershot586

Silvershot586 Member

You can count on it Eliot, octopia started out as a good minecraft server, but now it's like a place I can go where everyone knows everyone and has different personalities and characteristics. This server is by far the best I've ever played, mainly because everyone is focusing on the minigames side of MC rather than its true roots to survival. But this is a great and well developed community that I can't wait to see grow and prosper. - <3 Silver
  3. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

I thought the server was older somehow. Interesting. My wife and I will be sticking around for the foreseeable future as long as there is a server to play on.
  4. Gemini908

Gemini908 Member

Well, Octopia has grown, fallen, grown, fallen. I've only been able to witness about a year of progress.