Welcome to Octopia!

Sign up to stay up to date with the latest news, and to chat with other members on the forums!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updates and Suggestions

Discussion in 'News' started by Eliot, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

Greetings everyone,

It has been a while since I have done an update post, due to my a levels. Which, to my delight, end this Monday.

Over the last couple of days I have made a couple of changes to the website, mostly technical. One which you should be able to see is that we now have a SSL certificate, which means the data between you and the website is secure. You can tell by looking in the address tab and seeing a padlock of some sort and 'https'.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask all users to submit any suggestions or ideas they may have to us. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and the player's voice is what matters the most. If you wish to make a suggestion, please do not comment it to this post, instead make a new thread in the suggestions section. This is so it can be easily discussed. The suggestions section is here.

Finally, we are also looking for new staff members, so if you would like to apply, you may do so in the Apply for staff section here.

Many Thanks.
  2. Myrmidous

Myrmidous Server Staff Server Staff

Personally I find the AFK plugin to be extremely frustrating. If I have to run to the restroom or take a phone call it is almost a certainty I'll be kicked by the time I get back. Perhaps lengthen the kick time? I believe it is currently at 8 minutes, perhaps something like 12 would be more helpful. Or eliminate the plugin altogether; do we really have a space and player connection issue at the present time?

Spawn shops: I know this comes up a lot but we need a slightly broader selection of items to purchase. At a minimum the other types of raw wood would be nice, perhaps alongside some less common items like slime balls. Purchase only, not looking to sell.
  3. alexlozano9009

alexlozano9009 New Member

Can you make a bigger shop with all the items in minecraft so it is easoer to make money which leads to my next suggestion.
  4. alexlozano9009

Could you make more expensive towns because the shop is bigger and easier to make money.
  5. alexlozano9009

Could you add a plugin so you get money for killing someone and lose money if you die and also combat log plugin and we certainly need a PvP Arena that I would be glad to make if you dont have the time to.
  6. alexlozano9009

Donator ranks should get kits and extra sethomes and for non donators kit starter would be nice.
  7. Eliot

Eliot Senior Owner Senior Owner

8. aureliusnoble

aureliusnoble Member

Also donator ranks do get extra set homes :p